Accepted Student Health Requirements (1st year, Graduate, Transfer & Re-admit)
In compliance with╠řNew York State Public Health Laws 2165 and 2157 students are required to submit immunization records as outlined below:╠ř
- Students born on or after January 1, 1957, taking 6 or more credits are required to submit proof of immunization for Measles, Mumps & Rubella (vaccinations or titers) AND
- Students taking 6 or more credits must submit proof of immunization (or submit a declination)╠řfor Meningococcal disease (completed vaccination or vaccination series╠řwithin the past 5 years or a signed waiver declining the vaccination).
For more information visit the╠ř.
Please note: Students are NOT permitted to attend classes, receive keys to the residence halls, and/OR practice/play a sport until they are health compliant.╠ř
Accepted health records:
- ┬▄└˛╔š╠řImmunization Form╠ř(stamped or signed by provider)
- Official Immunization record from a providerÔÇÖs office╠ř(stamped or signed by provider)
- Official Immunization record from a State Registry
Please note: only dates in month, day, and year format (mm/dd/yyyy) will be accepted. Furthermore, if you have blood drawn (titers), lab results are required.
Submitting health records:
- Online: ╠ř(take a photo or scan and upload)╠ř
- Fax: 716-839-8230
- Office:╠řHealth Services, Yurtchuk 116 (CHIP Center down the hall from Campus Safety)╠ř
Health Services will NOT accept records submitted via email.╠ř
- ┬▄└˛╔š Student Health Form- Amherst Campus
- ┬▄└˛╔š Meningitis Action Form- Amherst Campus
- ┬▄└˛╔š Student Health╠řForm- Branch Campus
- ┬▄└˛╔š Meningitis Action Form╠ř- Branch Campus
- ┬▄└˛╔š╠řIsrael Study Abroad Immunization & Physical╠řForm╠ř
Please click here to visit the Clinical Student Health Requirements page. Please note: this webpage is for students completing╠řthe clinical experience portion of the following health science programs: Nursing, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant.╠ř
In accordance with New York State Public Health Law (PHL) Section 2165, students are required to submit proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps,╠řRubella (MMR).╠řAs permitted by PHL 2165, medical exemptions are accepted by ┬▄└˛╔š.
If a student is seeking a medical exemption from the immunization requirement, proof must be submitted for approval from a licensed physician or nurse practitioner certifying that such immunization may be detrimental to the personÔÇÖs health or is otherwise medically contraindicated.
┬▄└˛╔š reserves the right to exclude students who submit a medical exemption for MMR vaccinations from living in on-campus housing. Exclusion also prohibits a student from visiting the residence halls on campus and living and/or visiting ┬▄└˛╔š subleased properties including, but not limited to, Collegiate Village and Snyder Park.
Exclusion under this policy does not relieve the student from any financial obligation to ┬▄└˛╔š.
Documentation can be submitted for verification by the CHIP Center:
- Online: or
- Fax: 716-839-8230
- Mail: 4380 Main St. Amherst, NY 14226 (PO Box 104)
- Vaccinations Offered:╠řHepatitis A &B, Japanese Encephalitis, MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella), Meningitis (MCV4), Rabies, Polio, Td/Tdap, Typhoid, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Yellow Fever.╠ř
- Cost:╠ř$50╠řvisit fee. Insurance is NOT accepted. Immunization costs must be paid out of pocket.╠řCash, check, and credit card accepted. Call for cost of individual vaccines.
- Address:╠ř462 Grider Street, Suite 116 Buffalo, NY 14215
- Hours:╠řMonday - Friday, 8:00 am- 4:00 pm. By appointment only. No walk-ins.
- Phone: 716-898-4153╠ř
- Vaccinations Offered: Hepatitis A&B, Influenza, MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella), Meningitis, Polio, Pneumonia, Rabies, Tdap, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Shingles (Zoster), Yellow Fever, HPV, TB Skin Test, Japanese Encephalitis, Typhoid.╠ř
- Cost: $25 visit fee. Insurance is NOT accepted. Immunization costs must be paid out of pocket. Cash, check, and credit card accepted. Call for cost of individual╠řvaccines.
- Address: 2805 Wehrle Drive, Suite 2 Williamsville, NY 14221
- Hours:╠řMonday - Thursday, 9:00 am- 5:00 pm.╠řSome weekend hours are available. Call for specifics.
- Vaccinations Offered: Typhoid, Tdap, Hepatitis A & B, MMR╠ř(Measles, Mumps &Rubella), Meningitis, Polio, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Haemophilus,╠ř Influenza B, Japanese Encephalitis, Shingles (Zoster), Rabies, Pneumococcal.╠ř
- Cost: $40 visit fee.╠řInsurance is NOT accepted. Immunization costs must be paid out of pocket. Cash, check, and credit card accepted. Call for cost of vaccines.
- Address: 100 College Parkway,╠řSuite 260 Williamsville,╠řNY 14221.╠ř
- Hours:╠řMonday-Friday 9:30 am- 2:00 pm. By appointment only. No walk-ins.╠ř
- Phone: 716-631-0920
- Vaccinations Offered:╠řInfluenza, Pneumonia, Td/Tdap, Meningococcal (MCV4 & Men B.), Shingles (ZosterÔÇő)
- Cost: $20 visit fee. Insurance is╠řNOT accepted.╠řImmunization costs must be╠řpaid out of╠řpocket. Call for specifics & cost of vaccines.
- Address:╠ř608 William╠řStreet Buffalo,╠řNY 14206. 8.8 miles╠řfrom campus.
- Hours:╠řOnly available on the 2nd and 4th Friday╠řof the month 8:30 am-11:30 am. By appointment only. No walk-ins.
- Contact: Phone- 716-858-7687╠ř
Please note: this is not an exhaustive list of clinics in the area. The resources listed above are included due to the immunizations offered, cost and╠řproximity to campus.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is╠řdesigned to provide privacy standards╠řto protect patients' medical records and other health information provided to healthcare professionals, hospitals, and parents or guardians╠řof adults over the age of 18.
Complete the ╠řto authorize the communication of medical information to persons designated.╠řThis authorization will become effective at signing and shall remain in effect as long as the individual is a╠řstudent at╠ř┬▄└˛╔š╠řUniversity. If the╠řstudent wishes to revoke this authorization, the╠řrequest can be submitted at any time by emailing email@example.com.╠ř
The Health and Insurance Services Office maintains your immunization records for 7 years╠řafter your date of admission to the University.
Complete the╠ř╠řto request a copy of your records. This information will only be used to identify your records and to send them wherever you designate.